The Seven Habits
Leader In Me Parent Guide - Download
Students at Theresetta learn skills for the 21st century through the use of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey. We believe that students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 have leadership capabilities. Our school allows students to identify their unique leadership qualities in a safe and caring environment.
The Seven Habits:
- Be Proactive – I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I DO THE RIGHT THINGS WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS LOOKING.
- Begin with the end in Mind – I plan ahead and set goals. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
- Put First things First – I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized.
- Think Win-Win – When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives. I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want.
- Seek First to understand, Then to Be Understood – I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- Synergize – I value other people’s strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even people who are different than me.
- Sharpen the Saw – I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep. I take time to find meaningful ways to help others.